I can’t sleep, so here’s something lovely, via Short of the Week. “Hadouken dojo” indeed.
Howdy folks! I’m still around, but my horror energy’s been mostly dedicated to HorrorTalk.com stuff lately. Check out some of my recent reviews below, if’n you’re so inclined.
- The Blackcoat’s Daughter: A private Christian girl’s school is marginally scarier when the devil drops by.
- Exorcist Falls: A young priest and an old priest do a thing you may have seen similar clerical types do before. Only it’s different.
- Savageland: A mockumentary about a border town that is inexplicably massacred. It’s also about racism. And zombies.
- Cannibal (Vol. 1): A comic set in the deep south with people who eat other people, but they’re not zombies. Thank god.
- The Snare: Asshole twenty-somethings check in to a nearly-abandoned apartment building for a holiday. Creepy, exploitative, violent stuff happens.
I’ve got one on The Devil’s Candy that’ll be up soon, too. In a nutshell, it’s good.